Trip to Vancouver - Day 2

Friday, July 05, 2013

An old friend of mine was nice enough to show me around. We haven't seen each other for more than a decade so it was kind of awkward at first. She and her husband showed me around. First stop was the store of one of the ladies on 'The Real Housewives of Vancouver'. (Yep, it's a shame but I do watch every housewives show from the US and Canada.) It was so surreal seeing Jody Claman's store after seeing it in several episodes of the show. The store was closed and it looked like they changed the name too. I took one photo then we took off.













Our next stop was the Vancouver Lookout, a restaurant with a revolving floor that gives you awesome views of the city. Their freaking salmon was good.

Then we walked around downtown Vancouver. We went to Gastown which is the old Vancouver. The   buildings do look very old. I took a picture with the iconic steam-powered clock and a few other stuff.

They also showed me the sketchy places in the city. I cannot believe that we found a weed cafe on the street. I also found out that the government funds the needles of drug addicts. They are also asked to stay in only a specific part of the city. The reason? It's better to have them inject themselves with clean needles rather than go around the city and spread diseases like HIV. Wow. I was stunned when I heard this. Can someone please confirm if this is true?


You Might Also Like

0 reactions

Subscribe