Weight Loss Matters in 2014

Saturday, January 18, 2014

This year, I was no longer afraid to admit that I'm at my heaviest so far. It was an eye opener: minor health issues are starting to show. Pants are tighter than ever. Climbing the stairs is starting to seem like a challenge on 'Survivor'. I decided to do something about it. My friend told me about these very affordable vouchers for Golds Gym. Call it an impulse purchase, I bought 2 vouchers hoping to get me started on this weight loss journey this year.

Another thing I tried recently is this food delivery service called Diet Diva. They prepare 1200-calorie per day meals at a more affordable price. (This is in comparison to that other obscenely expensive food delivery service.)  They deliver your food between 5 and 8 in the morning, just before I leave for work. I have to say, the experience was great so far!








I thought that bringing down my calorie intake drastically would f*ck up my body. I experience a terrible headache on my first day. On the second and third, I felt weak. When I finally got the hang of it, I felt really... normal.

One of the struggles I had with this diet is saying no to free food. There were a couple of times when my boss called for a lunch meeting so I didn't eat what Diet Diva prepared for me. However, I made sure my portions were really small because I still want to follow the 1200-calorie rule.

And I think I did well! On my first week, I lost 6 lbs! I am looking forward to losing more weight. My target is to lose as much as 50 lbs this year. Hey, it's only the first month of the year. That's pretty realistic!

You Might Also Like

0 reactions

Subscribe